The prototype for people with arthritis are strongly built, accustomed to making big binge and eat high amounts of drink, often alcoholic. And this is the precise problem, a diet of these features is not good for anyone, but less so for arthritis.
The first is to reduce the intake of food uncontrollably. To do this, patients must take stock of a great force of will, not only at mealtimes, but also the rest of the day to avoid snacking between meals. It is very beneficial to perform moderate exercise, like swimming in heated pools, and sleep on a firm mattress with blankets and warm light.
In general, it was found that adopting a vegetarian diet helps to improve symptoms and the condition of the arthritic diseases. The adoption of this type of diet could be a solution for those who do not see much progress in the advancement of their disease. If you use this type of diet, we can mention a number of foods that should be taken with caution by people who suffer from some form of arthritis.
Are considered “bad” foods in the diet of arthritis include:
- Saturated fats: These are mainly from animal sources, especially lean meats, whole milk and its derivatives (fatty meats, bacon, sausages, sausages, butter, fatty cheeses, etc..) Learn more about this type of food.
FOOD THAT MAY CAUSE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS ATTACKS
Certain foods may cause a worsening of rheumatoid arthritis. These reactions respond to individual reactions are not applicable to all patients. However, it is important to know to discard foods that produce them. The best way to meet these inconsistencies is to start a diet for the supervision of the doctor or dietitian so you can analyze what foods should be eaten.
But if you think you could produce any food can be disregarded for personal testing a few days to see the results and communicate them to the doctor to do allergy testing (usually produces an initial worsening that usually lasts 4 or 5 days and that is a sign that the body had become accustomed to food that was toxic, but then passed to subsequent improvement.
If the symptoms remain the same, are generally not allergic to the food in question). It should also prevented a group of plants, the Solanaceae, which aggravate the arthritic condition: tomato, potato, eggplant and peppers. Try to limit caffeine consumption, snuff and citrus.
FOOD HIGH IN OXALATES
the oxalates, and prevents the absorption of calcium is deposited in the joints in crystal form causing damage to them. Foods rich in oxalates with which arthritis should be cautious include rhubarb, spinach or beets.
- Foods high in purines: These are converted to uric acid in the body. Plant foods are rich in purines, beans, cauliflower, spinach, lentils, asparagus, peas and mushrooms.
- Bluefish The richness in omega 3 fatty acids contained in oily fish (sardines, mackerel, tuna, mackerel, herring, etc..) Helps reduce inflammation of the joint diseases. In particular it is very effective in rheumatoid arthritis but is useful for all types of arthritis and its consequences, such as osteoarthritis.
- Vegetable oils rich in omega 3: Among them, the linseed oil. (533 mg per 100 g) followed by canola
(111 mg) or nut (104 mg) Other vegetable oils that contain it are soybean oil or wheat germ oil or hazelnut oil.
- Vegetables: All vegetables and green leafy vegetables are very convenient. They all contain vitamin C, has antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals damage exerted on the joints. They also contain calcium and folic acid. It is best not to cook too much for these components do not lose. Convenience foods are, for example, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, broccoli, chard, celery, asparagus, cucumbers, parsley, etc..
Other vegetables, like carrots, for its rich beta carotene, are very convenient in the diet of the arthritis. A good way to combine these foods is to mix juice with crushed several of them and drinking a few glasses each day. Cucurbits group contains a variety of vegetables with diuretic and laxative properties. Rich in potassium and vitamin A, have detoxifying and diuretic properties. Within this group we must consider the pumpkins, gourds, or chayote.
- Fruits, nuts and seeds: In addition to vegetables, a diet with plenty of fruit variety is very convenient in the diet of the arthritis. Convenient foods are apples, bananas, melons, watermelons, strawberries, avocados, or cherries
Equally suitable for joint health are nuts, rich in vitamins, especially vitamin E, selenium and calcium.
Among the seeds, the most recommended are the flax and sesame for its richness in omega-3 fatty acids
- Grains: The use of unrefined cereals and their derivatives is also well suited for sufferers of arthritis. Provide minerals, especially selenium, and vitamins. Its rich in fiber helps prevent constipation while helping to remove impurities from the body.
Many also contain carbohydrates that provide a lot of energy for a long time allowing you to satisfy the body without having to resort to fat intake of sugars or other less desirable. The use of cereals, especially combined with fruits, helps prevent obesity, a factor in the onset of osteoarthritis in joints that hold the body.
- Soy milk: is an alternative to cow’s milk, especially in rheumatoid arthritis patients who are intolerant to the latter. In addition to this milk should be mentioned as useful products (tofu, soy yogurt, meat, vegetable, etc.).
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND POTASSIUM
Potassium deficiency is a risk factor when developing rheumatoid arthritis or heart problems. A sometimes overlooked that this mineral is present in almost all foods in greater or lesser extent. But their role is unproven.
In the past arthritis was associated with old age and the idea that there had to inevitably suffer.
Arthritis has a long history. It is a chronic potassium deficiency. According to some studies certain infections or problems with kidney function, together with age affect the ability to concentrate potassium in the body.
FOOD AND SPAS
Good nutrition can help prevent these diseases, or at least reduce its effects. Addition of potassium, magnesium is necessary to include in the diet, as this is necessary for the absorption of the first.
One technique is also successful in the treatment of arthritis is the use of spas. The Dead Sea water has a great reputation in the treatment of arthritis. This is because the ocean contains potassium in a concentration about equal to the fluid from the blood.
WHAT IS ARTHRITIS
Arthritis is a disease of the immune system. Many people mistaken for osteoarthritis, but make no mistake. The arthritis is characterized by inflammation that causes the tissues around the joints, even if severe, can also affect other organs like heart, eyes or lungs. There are several types of this disease, but the most common are rheumatoid arthritis and osteo-arthritis.
Despite being a very old disease, still unknown today, the causes of different types of arthritis. There are several possibilities, such as infection, genetic inheritance or the passage of time. What is known is that women suffer more frequently than men, and can occur at any age. His mode of manifestation can be gradually or suddenly, catching by surprise the patient.
The first symptoms to identify include weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, anemia, or fever. Later manifested by morning stiffness, pain and swelling of joints. In principle, often harmed hands and feet, then move on to wrists, knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders or hips.